12 Essential Oils Recipes to Enjoy with Your Family
Millions of people are discovering the effective powers of essential oils for relaxation, rejuvenation, intimacy, and much more. Each essential oil has unique effects, and by mixing several oils in your oil diffuser or in a topical application, you can create personal combinations to suit any mood or occasion.
Here are 12 popular and effective essential oil recipes.
1. All-natural citrus essential oils cleaning solution - 2 parts Pine Tree, 2 parts Lemon, 1 part Tangerine
This is for effective use in rooms that harbor strong smells, including your kitchen, bathroom, or kids’ rooms. People love the refreshing scent of citrus and pine, but don’t like to use those harsh chemical cleaners. Instead, add a few drops of pine tree, lemon and tangerine oils to hot water, along with mild, unscented soap.
2. R&R essential oils combination for a diffuser - 2 parts Lavender, 1 part Bergamot
This combination is great for families with young children. Mix lavender and bergamot in the diffuser in the evenings, especially if the kids are restless around bedtime. These oils have calming properties. The aroma of lavender and bergamot quickly fills a room with relaxing scents and helps relieve tension.
3. Stomach soothing essential oils bath - 1 part Cinnamon Leaf, 1 part Grapefruit in your shower or bath
This is a good home remedy if you're feeling sick or nauseous: add two drops each of cinnamon leaf oil and grapefruit oil to your evening bath.
For many people, these oils are the best to soothe aching stomachs, or to deal with nausea and other digestive problems. The combination of cinnamon leaf oil and grapefruit oil will calm and renew your body, and even help boost its immune system to fend off infections.
4. Focus and centered essential oils combination for a diffuser - 1 part Lavender, 1 part Frankincense, 1 part Patchouli
A combination to use at work or home when you're feeling distracted and need to focus on a task. Place several drops of lavender, frankincense and patchouli in your diffuser. These oils have been used for millennia. Many scholars and religious leaders believed the oils give us more clarity and focus.
5. Outdoor protection essential oil spritz - 3 parts Lemongrass, 1 part Eucalyptus, 1 part cinnamon leaf
The ingredients in expensive, all-natural bug sprays are essential oils. Lemongrass, eucalyptus and cinnamon leaf are most effective, diluted with water and castor oil to spray on your clothes before spending time outdoors.
Evidence suggests that insects are repelled by the scent of certain oils. A bonus is that these scents keep you smelling fresh if you’re sweating outside.
6. Immune defense essential oils for a diffuser - 2 parts Tea Tree, 1 part Pine Tree, 1 part Sweet Orange
Your immune system needs as much help as it can get during the winter months. That’s why you should add tea tree oil, pine tree oil, and sweet orange oil to your diffuser - it helps you breathe easier and fend off sinus and lung infections. Several oils are recognized for their effective ability to boost the immune system and relieve symptoms of common cold-weather illnesses like respiratory infections.
7. Sexy and sensual essential oils fragrance - 2 parts Lavender, 1 part Bergamot, 1 part Patchouli
Try setting aside a few lotions for special occasions, each with a different combination of oils meant for romance and intimacy, such as sweet orange, bergamot and patchouli.
The subtle aroma of certain oils help people feel more at ease. Many cultures throughout history believed these oils were aphrodisiacs.
8. Air freshener essential oil combination for a diffuser - 2 parts Lemon, 2 parts Eucalyptus, 1 part lime
Add citrus oils lemon and lime, along with eucalyptus oil, to your diffuser to freshen up stuffy areas in your home. It’s cheaper and safer than chemical sprays and open-flame candles, plus the effects last all day - the neutralize the bad smells and everyone breathes easier.
9. Healthy skin and hair essential oils beauty treatment - 1 part Tangerine, 1 part Lavender, 1 part Frankincense
People save money on hair and beauty products by using essential oils instead of expensive creams and applications. Add tangerine, lavender and frankincense to your regular lotion and conditioner, and get rid of most your other skincare products. Many oils moisturize and protect your skin and hair, especially if you’re dealing with cold weather or dry air.
10. Digestive protection essential oils for a diffuser - 2 parts Peppermint, 1 part Lemongrass
For many people, the holiday season means big holiday meals and lots of sugary snacks you don’t eat on a regular basis. That takes a toll on your digestive system. Use peppermint and lemongrass oils in your diffuser as a remedy. These oils help with nausea and other stomach ailments, providing calming and soothing relief.
11. Soreness relief essential oils solution - 1 part Peppermint, 1 part Rosemary
A great fix to sore muscles is to add peppermint and rosemary oils to lotion. Rub the oil and lotion on your arms and legs after a workout to help keep your muscles loose.
The aroma of some oils is known to relax the mind and body. Applying them topically helps improve blood circulation and relax inflamed muscles.
12. Energizing essential oils shower - 2 parts Tea Tree, 1 part Eucalyptus
Add tea tree and eucalyptus oil to your morning shower to help clear your head and jump-start your body before the work day.