8 Benefits of Shea Butter Shampoo for Your Dry Hair
If you are constantly looking for a moisturizing shampoo that can tame your dry, frizzy hair, you should try a shea butter shampoo. Shea butter, for decades, has been used as a natural conditioner. It is known for its ability to be transformed into a healing salve and is known for its amazing moisturizing properties when it is used in shampoos. Whether you want to condition your dry hair or to encourage new hair growth, shea butter can improve the health of your hair.
The Wide Ranging Benefits of Shea Butter
Shea butter can be used to create a natural moisturizing shampoo that has numerous benefits. Here are some of those benefits:
- Powerful Antioxidant — Shea butter contains vitamins A and E, both of which help to protect the body's cells from free radicals. When free radicals pair with your body's electrons, they can damage the cells and proteins in your hair and skin. The “catechins” (a natural antioxidant) found in shea butter can also help to protect against hair loss.
- Softener and Anti-Irritant — Shea butter shampoo can be used to moisturize dry, itchy scalps. This creamy shampoo can absorb into the scalp, without clogging pores, and relieve irritation and itchy scalp. Furthermore, it contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to keep your scalp from future irritation.
- Natural Hair Sealant — Shea butter is a natural sealant that can be used to combat dry and brittle hair by locking moisture into your hair shafts. If your hair has a tendency to become dry or brittle, then you might be unintentionally stripping it of its natural oils. When you strip your hair of natural oils, it is more likely to get split ends and to become dry or brittle. With the help of shea butter, your hair can become more relaxed, moisturized, and healthy throughout the year.
- Anti-Aging Properties — Shea butter has anti-aging properties that can stimulate collagen production to produce anti-aging effects. The forehead and the neck are two areas of the body that are most susceptible to signs of aging. While many women have rigorous anti-aging face care regimens, they often don’t pay as much attention to their hairline and the back of their neck. So, when you are washing your hair with a shea butter shampoo, remember to also spend a little time massaging the shampoo into your hairline, and spending a few minutes massaging it into the back of your neck (just as you would receive in any high-end hair salon), to keep these areas of your hair and skin supple, radiant, and nourished.
- Hair Protection: Against Heat Styling and the Elements — Shea butter is highly absorbable. It absorbs directly into the hair shaft without leaving any greasy feeling behind. And, once shea butter is absorbed into the shafts of the hair, it can provide protection from heat-based styling tools, such as blow dryers, straighteners, and curlers. Shea butter can also help to protect your hair from free radicals found in the water and air and protect your hair against salt, chlorine, and sun exposure.
- Anti-Inflammatory for Skin and Hair — The moisturizing properties of shea butter shampoo help reduce inflammation caused by dandruff, acne, dry scalp, and other skin conditions. Once shea butter has helped the inflammation subside, your skin will be able to enter into a healing stage, so that you can feel confident and look great.
- Sunblock — Shea butter contains a natural SPF that can help protect your hair from the sun's ultraviolet rays. This can be especially helpful for those who have been treated with natural or synthetic hair dyes. Moreover, this is great for anyone with thin hair whose scalp is susceptible to sunburn. As a natural sunscreen, shea butter can keep your hair moisturized during hot summer days, while simultaneously protecting your sensitive skin from unwanted sunburns.
- Natural Hair Softener — When used regularly, shea butter shampoo can soften and revitalize damaged hair. And it is especially great for those with brittle hair. If you do suffer from brittle or dry hair, after massaging the shea butter shampoo into your hair and scalp, let it sit for a minute or two before rinsing it out to improve the texture of your hair.
If it is not yet clear, shea butter is a powerful, natural hair conditioner that can be used to strengthen, moisturize, and heal your dry hair. With the help of shea butter shampoo, you can once again enjoy soft, supple hair that looks and feels great.