What Does Organic Truly Mean

What Does Organic Truly Mean

If you're a health-conscious consumer, you're probably willing to spend a little extra on a product you know is good for your body and the environment. But with all the different qualifiers put on labels, it's not always easy to tell if a given product is as environmentally-friendly and healthy as it seems. Is there a difference between "all natural" and "organic"? And if so, what is it? Is "organic" worth more than "natural"? These are all important questions, and at artnaturals, we want to empower our customers to make informed choices about their health and beauty purchases. We also believe that true beauty stems from nature in its purest form--which is why we're proud to offer organic carrier oils that can be used to deliver the highest-quality ingredients to support your skin, hair, and overall wellness.

What Does "Organic" Mean?

To legally use the word "organic," a product must be manufactured, grown, and/or rendered without the addition of any harmful chemicals commonly used in conventional mass-produced items. These regulations are upheld by standards set by the USDA, which means that farms growing organic vegetables and fruits must be supervised by a government-certified inspector to ensure that strict USDA standards are upheld. Equally, any meat, chicken, eggs, and other animal-derived products must come from animals that are never given antibiotics or growth hormones.

When you buy an organic product, you know for certain that it contains:

  • No pesticides
  • No herbicides
  • No toxins
  • No genetically modified organisms (GMOs) or "bioengineered" materials
  • No synthetic fertilizers
  • No sewage sludge
  • No radiation

To further protect the consumer, the USDA even regulates how and where the labeling can go on a product. For instance, a product can still be labeled "organic" if at least 95% of its ingredients meet the USDA organic standards. If the labeling says the product is "made with organic ingredients," then you'll know it was made with at least 70% organic ingredients, and that regulations remain on what can go into the other 30%. Any food or beauty product that contains less than 70% organic ingredients isn’t legally allowed to put the term Organic on the front of the packaging, but is permitted to list organically-made ingredients on the side.

And when you see "100% organic"--like artnaturals Argan and Jojoba oils--you'll know the entire product is made organically.

The Difference Between Organic and "All Natural"

While many quality health and beauty products are labeled as "natural" or "all natural," it's helpful to remember that the use of these terms isn't strictly regulated like the word "organic" is. This means that some products labeled "natural" may still contain synthetic ingredients including herbicides and pesticides. This isn’t to say that all products labeled "natural" aren't trustworthy, but we encourage our customers to read product labels to ensure they know exactly what they’re ingesting or putting onto their skin and hair.

Benefits of Using Organic Carrier Oils

artnaturals is proud to offer 100% organic argan and jojoba oils as part of any essential beauty routine. These carrier oils are derived naturally from the argan and jojoba plants without the use of chemicals or high heating processes that strip the oils of their healthiest components—essential fatty acids, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. By raising the standard of growth and production of our carrier oils, we're able to raise the value and cost-effectiveness of the oils themselves, which gives you a better bang for your buck. Choosing to invest a little more by purchasing organic oils is a cost-effective way to maximize the beneficial effects you'll reap from using these products. You'll also be doing your part to support organic farmers and eco-friendly companies striving to create quality products while having a positive impact on their community and environment. Go ahead--go organic. You and your loved ones deserve high quality, and it's a great way give your skin, hair, and general health something to shine about.

© 2022 artnaturals® | Premium All-Natural Health & Beauty Products.